While this time brings about pain, it also brings about lots of opportunity. This is the time to get more clarity. What you decide to do from this point moving forward will direct the trajectory of your life.
Regardless if you have a personal brand or not, this is a good time to put together your strategic plan.
"The meaning of life lies in finding a purpose and taking responsibility for ourselves and others. By having a clear 'why' we can face all the 'how' questions in life. Only by feeling free and sure of the objective that motivates us."
- Viktor Frank
Asking yourself the right questions
While your brand identity may have evolved slightly over time, using this time to assess the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, is absolutely a valuable exercise. Here's some questions that will help you start identifying your strengths, your weakness, and sense of direction.
A) Make a list of all the times you can remember in your life that have made you feel the most truly alive and joyful.
B) Now, answer the following questions:
1) What are my natural gifts?
2) What are my skills and talents?
3) What do I love to do?
4) When do I feel the most alive?
5) What am I passionate about?
6) What brings me the greatest joy in life?
7) When do I feel the best about myself?
8) What are my personal strengths and characteristics?
9) What have others always said that I am really good at?
10) How do I most enjoy interacting with other people?
11) What would I change in the world if I could?
C) Now , take your answers from these questions and consolidate them into two or three complete sentences.That is your life purpose statement.
My life purpose is: ......................
D) Now, open your mind and your heart to the possibilities that already exist. Listen for the answers from your intuition, and become aware of the ideas, inspiration, and opportunities that present themselves to you.Things will begin to unfold for you as exactly as they are meant to - and within the time-frame that will best serve your highest good.