Essential tips for working from HOME
As we all adjust to the new normal and navigate through these changes together, it's vital to stay positive and use this time as a opportunity to make necessary adjustments (get shit done).
Over the last year, I transitioned from a overly priced office suite, to working remote.. So here's a solid year of working-from-home experience I have to share:
Simple ways to stay productive to brace our new normal
- Stick to business as usual, waking up early, making your bed, washing your face, coffee, ect.
- Even if you don't feel like it, get dressed! Yes, its okay to let a day (or two) slide in your pj's, but you will begin feeling lazy if your in pajamas for too long.
- Hold yourself accountable. Accountability is what separates success from the mediocre.
- Beyond your regular morning ritual, create a new routine best for you working from home. Having a schedule is vital.
- Set your office hours as you would normally, but set boundaries with your availability as well. This key, was the most essential for me transitioning. I would respond to notifications at all times throughout the night, leaving no spare time to decompress and just be.
- Sit in a chair. I find myself getting more work done when I sit at a table, rather a comfortable cozy couch.
- Find a designated area with a lot of natural sunlight.
- Disconnect. Turn off the T.v and put your phone in airplane mode. Play your favorite playlist to work to, and set designated times to check emails, notifications, ect.